5 Ways To Celebrate 4th of July in Pigeon Forge
It is a day full of red, white, and blue!! There is no better place to celebrate our nation’s freedom and those who fight for it than an all American day in Pigeon Forge. The city honors our heroes regularly through recognition at shows and giving out discounts. Patriot Park is even dedicated to the veterans of Sevier County and is surrounded by flags from the 50 states and branches of the armed forces. Here is a list of five ways to celebrate this 4th of July and our freedom in Pigeon Forge.
- You will definitely want to check out the 27th annual Patriot Festival at Patriot Park. It is a free event and open to the public. There will be free parking and shuttle service from the Teaster Lane Municipal Parking Lot. Events will begin at noon. Just bring your own chairs and blankets and sit back, relax, and enjoy the day. No coolers, umbrellas or tents are allowed though. Thompson Square is the headliner for this year’s event and there will also be other music on stage throughout the day, including Departure, a Journey tribute band. A free kids carnival will keep the kids entertained and there will be plenty of food vendors to satisfy your hunger needs. A portion of all food sales will benefit local charities. The day will end with a spectacular fireworks display. Make plans to stay the day and make some fun memories with your family and friends!!
- BBQ is the perfect way to celebrate America. Grab up some of the finest around at Bennett’s Pit Bar-B-Que. From mouthwatering pork, brisket, ribs, and chicken that are basted in Bennett’s own special sauce to a fabulous salad bar and sides like deep fried corn and potato salad, it will be an all American meal you won’t forget!
- Plan a day of shopping for red, white, and blue items. The Island has many unique retail and specialty stores to browse around and when you need a break, you can chill by the Island show fountains or take a ride on the Great Smoky Mountain Wheel and get a birds eye view of the activities going on in the city. Also, make sure to stop by the locally owned Stages West and check out the cool red, white, and blue items they have. Boots, hats, clothing, and more…they have the best around as well as some of the friendliest staff you will ever meet!
- Enjoy a day at Dollywood. Park hours are extended until 10 pm daily beginning June 17th- August 6th for the Summer Lives Here event! You will also enjoy Dolly’s Nights of Many Colors, a nightly fireworks show that begins at dark. The new Drop Line ride is open and the Gazillion Bubbles show will be back for this summer event. It is the perfect way to spend the holiday celebrating America and sharing fun and laughs with your family.
- Ice cream- another all American favorite!! There are plenty of great places in Pigeon Forge to grab a cool tasty treat. Island Creamery has a great selection of homemade ice cream with a mix of both traditional and unique flavors. Be sure to try their shakes and sundaes too. Another fun stop is the Old Mill Creamery. This fun ice cream parlor has a great selection of ice cream flavors and incorporates local ingredients and goodies from the Old Mill Candy Kitchen and even the Old Forge Distillery. Try their homemade waffle cones and bowls for an added treat.
There’s no better way to celebrate America this 4th of July than in Pigeon Forge!!
We love seeing Pigeon Forge through your lens. Make sure to connect with us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram. Don’t forget to tag your photos with #mypigeonforge for the chance to be featured on our website.