When you look for vacation spots for your family or just for you and your spouse, what are the top features you are seeking? Maybe it’s things like family-friendly, affordable, fun activities- both indoor and outdoor…or maybe it is a change of scenery, unique food options, or somewhere within driving distance from your home. Pigeon Forge is all of that and more!! It is a Smoky Mountain treasure and an instant favorite with all of its guests! You may wonder, “What is there to do in Pigeon Forge?” Well, here is the answer to that and more questions frequently asked about the area.
- What is there to do in Pigeon Forge? Honestly, the answer to this is “What is there NOT to do in Pigeon Forge?” The Parkway is lined with activities both indoors and outdoors for all ages, from toddlers to the grandparents. There are shows, miniature golf, go-karts, extreme adventures, parks, shopping, and of course, plenty of places to eat. This is one of the many reasons why this mother loves taking her family to Pigeon Forge. Everyone can find something to do and everyone leaves happy. Whether you want food, fun, or laughter, it is all there!
- What county is Pigeon Forge, TN in? Sevier County is home to Pigeon Forge. This gem sits deep in the heart of the county surrounded by the mountains. Pigeon Forge is the gateway into the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and situated near Knoxville for those wanting to fly into McGhee Tyson Airport. However, the city is also within a day’s drive of many U.S. destinations.
- What is the weather in Pigeon Forge like? Pigeon Forge experiences all four seasons of the year and with each season comes its own unique beauty in the area. Weather is relatively temperate, but do expect temperature changes if you travel into the mountains. You will usually experience cooler temps in the fall and winter, and warmer temps in the spring and summer.
- What is the best dinner show in Pigeon Forge? Pigeon Forge has several great dinner shows- Hatfield and McCoy Dinner show and Dolly Parton’s Smoky Mountain Adventures to name a few. Each one offers a unique and fun time for the whole family along with a delicious meal. Here you get two activities for one price and many offer discounted prices for kids! Any one of these shows would be a great addition to your trip itinerary.
- What is there to do in Pigeon Forge with kids? Pigeon Forge is known for family-friendly activities. Dollywood and Dollywood’s Splash Country have rides and activities for all ages and are great places for the whole family to experience in the spring, summer and fall. WonderWorks is always a hit with the kids as well as the indoor trampoline park, TopJump. The Track offers a section with rides just for the younger kids but also has plenty of fun for older kids too. One of the new attractions to Pigeon Forge is Crave which offers a fun miniature golf experience that is sure to be a hit with the kiddos.
- What is there to see in Pigeon Forge, TN? The Great Smoky Mountains National Park is the #1 must see. From Cades Cove to Clingman’s Dome to Mt. LeConte to Laurel Falls and more, you will want several days to take it all in. Also, you can get a great view of the area from a ride on the Great Smoky Mountain Wheel located at the Island. Another fun activity is to take a walk along the Riverwalk Trail. The Little Pigeon River runs through the heart of the city. You can see and feed the ducks as well as just enjoy the beauty of nature.
Come and discover all the things you did not know about Pigeon Forge! What are you waiting for?
We love seeing Pigeon Forge through your lens. Make sure to connect with us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram. Don’t forget to tag your photos with #mypigeonforge for the chance to be featured on our website.