5 Fun Things to Do At the Island This Summer
On May 23, 2018
The Island is a great one-stop spot for playing, eating, shopping, and even sleeping while you are in Pigeon Forge. It is located along the heart of the Parkway so you can’t miss it as you are driving into town. The Island is home to the Margaritaville Island Hotel along with the Margaritaville Island Inn so you never have to leave the property once you arrive. Here are 5 fun things to do on your visit to the Island.
- Learn something new at the Alcatraz East Crime Museum. The building design has a little bit of Tennessee in it along with some Alcatraz. It houses 5 different galleries covering many different aspects of the world of crime. You will find some fun interactive exhibits as well as famous artifacts that you are sure to remember. This will be a fun adventure the whole family will enjoy.
- Challenge the family with The Islands Ropes Course. There are 2 different courses. One is for those under 48 inches that is a little closer to the ground. It is less challenging and it is easy for a parent to hold their child’s hand and coax them along. The other is 3 stories high and is for the daredevils 42 inches and taller. You will get the chance to experience 30 different elements, 2 zip lines, and even the option to free fall at the end of the Quick Jump.
- Ride on The Great Smoky Mountain Wheel. You will get one of the best views around of the Smokies and the surrounding area. Each glass-enclosed gondola is climate controlled and seats up to 8 people. It is a comfortable and enjoyable ride for everyone. The Wheel is an extra fun treat at night with a light show of its own.
- Eat at Paula Deen’s Family Kitchen. Your meal is served family style and the best part is that you and your family get to choose your favorite Paula Deen menu items for your feast. Whether you visit for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, your meal will be a Southern treat to remember from the entrees to the sides and even the desserts. Be sure to do a little shopping in their retail store afterward for some fun take-home items.
- Hang out in the rockers by the Island Fountains and watch the show. A coordinated music and light show occurs every 30 minutes. It is beautiful and lively both day and night. All you have to do is sit back, relax, and enjoy the show…easy as that!
Go play and enjoy these fun things at The Island during your visit to Pigeon Forge this summer!