Tour the Historic Old Mill in Pigeon Forge, TN
Built in 1830, The Old Mill of Pigeon Forge still operates to this day! See how farmers once employed the greatest in 19th century hydropower technology to grind flour and meal. Plus, learn how pottery and candy was once made by hand.
Today, the Old Mill is a working tribute to the pioneer days of the Great Smoky Mountains. The Old Mill is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is one of the most photographed mills in the country. Just as in the 19th century, it’s still one of the most popular places in the Smokies.
Attached to the Old Mill is the General Store, where more than a million shoppers a year stop in for tasty treats. Inside, you can discover homemade jams, jellies, fudge, salad dressings, and other popular products from the Old Mill Signature line.
Visiting The Old Mill soon? Visit The Old Mill’s information page for open days and times. Be ready for a day of shopping, eating and learning.
More Things to Do on Your Visit to Old Mill
Old Mill Square Restaurants:
- The Old Mill Restaurant – Visitors can dine on classic family favorites such as country-fried steak and pot roast before watching meal and flour being ground by the iconic mill.
- Old Mill Pottery House Cafe and Grille – Enjoy dining outside by the fountain or inside the warm, inviting dining room featuring a large stone fireplace for the chillier months.
Old Mill Square Shops:
- Old Mill Farmhouse Kitchen
- Pigeon River Pottery
- Old Mill Candy Kitchen
- Old Mill General Store
- Old Mill Creamery
- Old Mill Toy Bin
- Old Forge Distillery
Old Mill Events:
- Old Mill Square Holiday Open House
Sample a bit of southern cooking and shopping at The Old Mill Square Holiday Open House.
- Old Mill Heritage Day
At The Old Mill Heritage Day you will find quilt demonstrations, a petting zoo, kid’s train rides, basket making, a farmers market and much more.
- Brunch With the Easter Bunny
Kids will love Brunch with the Easter Bunny at The Old Mill Pottery House Cafe & Grille. After breakfast enjoy door prizes and activities for kids!
- Breakfast or Brunch With Santaand Mrs. Clause
A true fantasy for children, parents, grandparents and many others is to enjoy breakfast or brunch with Santa and Mrs. Clause.
- Annual Smoky Mountain CornholeTournament
Join us for the Annual Smoky Mountain Cornhole Tournament & Stringtime in the Smokies.
- Stringtimein the SmokiesCome out to The Old Mill Square for free music during Stringtime in the Smokies.