Alcatraz East, a must-see for CSI fans, gives visitors a behind-the-scenes look at crime history in America. The 24,000 square foot, 2 story attraction is themed as a 19th-century prison, inspired by the infamous Alcatraz in San Francisco. Alcatraz East includes interactive displays and artifacts covering criminal intent, criminal profiles, victims’ stories, law enforcement, forensic science, and more. John Dillinger’s car, Al Capone’s rosary, and the Bronco from the OJ car chase are only a few of the authentic artifacts on display. Guests of all ages will enjoy compelling and educational exhibits such as a CSI lab, safe cracking, simulated shooting rage, DUI interactive safety training, and digital fingerprinting.
There are several ways to save on Alcatraz East tickets during the year:
- Join in on the weekly Trivia Tuesday promotions that are held on the museum’s social media pages. Tickets are given away through a drawing each week.
- Watch for Local Appreciation Days. Each year, there are certain days dedicated to the locals when they score discounts on tickets.
- Check out December Days of Giving. Each December, the museum holds a special promotion in which tickets are given away each day on its social media pages.
- Sign up for the Alcatraz East Deals and Steals email. Each month the museum sends out an email newsletter, and it often provides information on how to get the best deals on discounted tickets.
- Get a group together and take advantage of discounted group rates. Those who have a group can contact the museum ahead of time to get a discounted rate. This is a great way to get discounted tickets for homeschool groups, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, schools, and corporate teams.
- Teachers can get free tickets during Teacher Appreciation Month each May. The promotion grants free tickets for teachers, and offers half-price tickets for their guests.
- See if you qualify for a special discounted rate for service personnel, including those who are in the military or law enforcement.
- Take advantage of the various ticket prices depending on age, which includes those ages seven and under being free. Children ages 8-12 also pay a discounted rate, as do seniors.
Aug 27–Dec 31
Oct 1 @ 8:00 am–Oct 1 @ 12:00 pm
Hours Vary By Season. Please check the website for the most up-to-date hours.
Total Units/Capacity: 750
Minimum # for Group Rate: 15
Space Type: Meeting
Class Room Capacity: 25
Meeting Rooms: 1