GETTING HERE BY CAR
Since Pigeon Forge is located off I-40, it’s positioned within a day’s drive of two-thirds of the U.S. population east of the Mississippi River. The city is a mere 33 miles southeast of Knoxville, four miles south of Sevierville, and five miles north of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Two other interstates run near the city, I-75 and I-81. They and I-40 are all connected to the city by State Route 66and U.S. Highways 441, 411 and 321.
To get the latest Pigeon Forge travel info such as road conditions, and construction updates, visit TN511.com, dial 511 or call 1-877-244-0065 toll free.
Please make note that, Tennessee law requires all occupants of motor vehicles to wear seat belts. There is also a mandatory child restraint law that requires children, infant to 12 years of age, to be secured in a child safety seat and/or in the back seat of the vehicle.
Travel Time by City (Times based on driving speed of 65 mph)
- Asheville, N.C. 1.5 hours
- Atlanta, Ga. 2.9 hours
- Birmingham, Ala. 4.2 hours
- Charleston, S.C. 5.4 hours
- Chattanooga, Tenn. 2.0 hours
- Cincinnati, Ohio 4.3 hours
- Columbus, Ohio 6.0 hours
- Greenville, S.C. 2.3 hours
- Huntsville, Ala. 3.8 hours
- Indianapolis, Ind. 6.1 hours
- Lexington, Ky. 3.2 hours
- Louisville, Ky. 4.3 hours
- Mobile, Ala. 8.2 hours
- Nashville, Tenn. 3.2 hours
- Roanoke, Va. 3.9 hours
- Tri-Cities, Tenn. 1.5 hours
GETTING HERE BY AIR
Knoxville’s McGhee Tyson Airport is located only 47 miles from Pigeon Forge. There are six airlines servicing the airport:
- Allegiant Air 1-702-505-8888
- American Airlines and American Eagle 1-800-433-7300
- Delta Airlines 1-800-221-1212
- Frontier Airlines 1-800-432-1359
- United Airlines 1-800-525-2080
- US Airways Express 1-800-428-4322
For more information, call (865) 342-3000.
Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge Airport is located only seven miles away from Pigeon Forge. For information on general and corporate aviation, call (865) 453-8393.
DIRECTIONS TO THE WELCOME CENTER
Directions to the Pigeon Forge Welcome Center from the Knoxville’s McGhee Tyson Airport: