There are several restaurants and dining facilities within the city that are ideal for a rehearsal dinner. Some even offer private rooms. If you’d like to host the dinner at a separate venue, there are also a number of caterers.
A wedding reception can be just as important as the ceremony itself. This is when the bride and groom get to celebrate their nuptials and thank all of their guests for attending. Here are some key questions to ask when planning an indoor or outdoor wedding reception:
- Will the venue accommodate all of your guests?
- Is it handicap accessible?
- Does the facility have air conditioning?
- Will there be a place available for the bride to change clothes or powder her nose?
- Are any other events booked for the same day?
- How many hours will have for your reception?
- Is there a wedding package?
- What does the total cost cover?
- How much of a deposit is needed?
- When is the total balance due?
- Will you need to rent chairs and tables separately?
- Are linens and glassware included?
- Is there a cake cutting fee?
- If the facility provides catering services, what are the menu choices?
- If you catering services are not provided, are you required to choose from their approved list?
- Are there any restrictions in regards to using the facility?
- How is the venue arranged for wedding receptions? (Ask for pictures)
- Will you be able to make changes?
- Will the decorations that you like still be available on your wedding date?
- Is there remodeling or redecorating from now until your wedding day?
- Is there bar service and do you need to provide your own alcohol?
- Is there a corking fee?
- Are bartenders staffed?
- What restrictions are there on the quantity or type of alcohol served?
- Do they require a cash bar or is an open bar an option?
- Is their liability insurance sufficient for your amount of guests?
- With there be a big enough dance floor?
- Where will the band or DJ set up their equipment?
- Can the facility accommodate the band or DJ?
- Is it readily available?
- Do you need to hire a parking attendant or valet?
- Are there any local events that will make parking difficult?