A Summer Guide to Dollywood & Splash Country
On June 24, 2016
Summertime is one of the best times to visit Pigeon Forge and the Smokies, and nothing says summertime like a visit to Dollywood and Dollywood’s Splash Country. Here are a few tips to help you make the most of your time at our fun-filled parks.
- If you plan on visiting both Dollywood and Dollywood’s Splash Country, you may want to consider a ticket package. Right now, you can enjoy 3 days between the two parks for only $33 per day per adult. (Prices subject to change.)
- You can eliminate the hassle of parking altogether when you take the Fun Time Trolley to Dollywood. A direct shuttle will take you from Patriot Park to the entrance of the park. The best part: it’s only 50 cents per person to ride!
- During Dollywood’s summer celebration, the park has extended hours and a nightly firework show that is truly amazing. Fireworks begin around 9:30 p.m. As an added bonus, if you enter Dollywood after 3:00 p.m., your admission to the park is free the next operating day!
- When you first enter the park, be sure to grab a map and show schedule from the information stand. You can watch some of Dollywood’s award-winning shows in between thrill rides to beat the heat.
- Southern summer temperatures are sure to leave you thirsty, but did you know a cup of ice water is always free while you are in the park? Just ask at any food and beverage stand. If you’re looking for a little more flavor, you can purchase a drink in a souvenir mug and get discounted refills for 99 cents.