The Best Places to See Pigeon Forge Sunsets
Looking to Catch a Sunset Near The Great Smoky Mountains?
Viewing mountain sunsets is definitely one of those unique things in life and should be on your bucket list of things to do in Pigeon Forge! There is nothing that compares to the beauty and sense of peacefulness that a sunset over the Smoky Mountains brings. Pigeon Forge is surrounded by great spots to catch a glimpse of this beauty. Whether you are on a date night with your spouse or spending time together with the whole family, it is sure to be an evening to remember.
Pack up your cameras and lens and head over to one of these Pigeon Forge spots to check out an amazing sunset view. Better yet, visit them all!
- The Great Smoky Mountains National Park is full of majestic scenery. With the fall season upon us, the sunset views will be even more beautiful and the rich hues of red, orange and yellow will bring on a new meaning to color. Within the 11 mile loop of Cade’s Cove, you are sure to find a open field area to see the sun setting over the mountains and treeline. If you are up for a hike, head up to Chimney Tops to capture the sky’s evening canvas.
- The Great Smoky Mountain Wheel located at the Island is a special place to be in the evenings. Through the glass enclosed gondolas you will get a panoramic view of the sky, the city, and the surrounding mountains. With each circle around, you will capture a new perspective.
- Another favorite is from the rockers on your private balcony at Whispering Pines Condos or from the porch of an area cabin. With so many cabin and condo options, you won’t have to look far to find one with an intimate spot to capture the beauty. Best of all, there is no rush, just sit back and enjoy!
- If you are a baseball family and happen to be playing at Ripken Experience, you will have an awesome seat in the house for sunsets too. The complex sits up on a hill overlooking the city. The balcony from the clubhouse is a fun place to soak in some sunsets and some baseball.
- Even if you are busy being a tourist, take a few minutes at sunset to stop and see the beauty. For example, the observation deck at the Hollywood Wax Museum is an easy one or maybe sitting out on the front of the ship at the Titanic Museum Attraction. You will be happy you took that moment to stop and see the what all the hype is about!
Get out there in Pigeon Forge and see the beauty that awaits!
We love seeing Pigeon Forge through your lens. Make sure to connect with us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram. Don’t forget to tag your photos with #mypigeonforge for the chance to be featured on our website.