Top 5 Things to Do with Kids in Pigeon Forge this Summer
The end of a school year and summer break are just around the corner which means the kids will be ready for some fun times. Not to worry, Pigeon Forge has you covered with plenty of activities to make this summer one to remember. Here is a list of the top 5 things to do with kids in Pigeon Forge this summer.
1. 28th Anniversary of Wilderness Wildlife Week will be May 8-12th. This free family-friendly event is an awesome time to explore the Great Smoky Mountains. The event is held at the LeConte Center and offers many educational workshops, guided tours, and more. New this year is a Young Experts Program offering kids ages 12 and under over 100 special activities where they can learn more about things like wildlife, the Appalachian culture, and old-time crafts. They receive credit for each activity they attend which they can redeem for cool prizes. Also new this year is a 48-hour film race that is family friendly and would make for a memorable experience.
2. Dollywood’s Splash Country will open for the season on May 19th. This Smoky Mountain waterpark is unique and great for all ages. There are water activities, pools, slides, a wave pool, and a lazy river so there is plenty of water fun to fill your day. Be sure to check out their TimeSaver H2O Pass which will save you time in line for the rides and their retreat and canopy rentals which will give your family a space out of the sun to rest in between activities.
3. Dollywood will begin its Summer Celebration Festival on June 16th and it will last until August 5th. This is another activity where there is something for everyone! The park will offer extended hours along with nightly fireworks. There will be some great entertainment by acts like Drumline Live, iLuminate, and Paint Jam. You will want to take a ride on all of the award-winning roller coasters and enjoy some great snacks like their famous cinnamon bread or a burger and shake at Red’s Drive-in.
4. Patriot Festival is July 4th at Patriot Park. This family-friendly event will have games and activities for the kids, lots of live music, and of course, plenty of food. It is the perfect way to celebrate our great nation! Bring your lawn chairs or blankets and just sit back, relax, and enjoy the day.
5. The Titanic museum will be hosting several fun events throughout the summer that will be great for the whole family. They will host The Color Run on July 21st. Get your running or walking shoes ready and get set for a colorful fun time! There will be a free Titanic Outdoor Movie on August 3rd. This is a great way to relive the famous movie. Go early and tour the museum to see the display of actual costumes that were used in the movie. There will be a Back to School Event- Glow in the Dark on August 11th. This is sure to be another fun family event to help close out the summer.
With all of these great summer activities, finding things to do with the kids this summer in Pigeon Forge will be easy peasy!!