Your Honeymoon in the Mountains is Just a Short Drive Away
We know that planning a wedding can be a bit stressful, so your honeymoon should be a time where you can just sit back, relax and enjoy the beginning of your new life together.
There is no place more perfect for a romantic honeymoon than in the mountains. Tennessee’s Great Smoky Mountains offer spectacular views, plenty of privacy and an abundance of activities to enjoy with your new spouse.
And the best part is you don’t have to travel far to have the honeymoon of your dreams. Getting to Pigeon Forge and the Smoky Mountains is easy. Pigeon Forge is located within a day’s drive of two-thirds of the U.S. population east of the Mississippi River. So, whether you’re planning a weeklong trip or just a quick getaway, your honeymoon in the mountains is just a short drive away.
Pigeon Forge Honeymoon Cabins and Suites
One of the most difficult decisions you will have to make when planning your Smoky Mountain honeymoon is deciding where to stay. Your choices of lodging in Pigeon Forge are virtually endless. For those wanting a secluded mountain getaway, our cozy cabins and condos are a great option. If you are looking for a little more pampering during your stay, Pigeon Forge hotels and resorts are packed with amenities and close to great dining and entertainment options. And many of our lodging partners offer honeymoon cabins and suites with added amenities and concierge services that are sure to make your stay a memorable one.
Cabins USA offers beautiful one-bedroom cabins that are perfect for a honeymoon getaway or anniversary trip. Enjoy unforgettable views of the Smoky Mountains from spacious outdoor decks, enjoy an evening relaxing by the fireplace or watch the sunset together as you soak in the hot tub. You’re sure to find the perfect Pigeon Forge honeymoon cabin to relax and unwind with your sweetheart.
You’ll find a great selection of luxurious condos at RiverStone Resort and Spa in Pigeon Forge that feature countless amenities including an indoor pool, fitness center and a full-service spa. Take in the beautiful scenery from your own private balcony or enjoy a romantic stroll down the Little Pigeon River nature trail with your loved one.
Those that are familiar with the Pigeon Forge area know that the spirt of Christmas is celebrated every day here. The Inn at Christmas Place is a uniquely themed Christmas hotel offering luxurious accommodations with amenities such as in-room whirlpools, private balconies and a hot breakfast served daily. And the beautifully landscaped grounds offer the perfect setting to relax, unwind and enjoy the beginning of your new life together.
Honeymoon Activities in Pigeon Forge
Adventures for Thrill Seekers
- Start your day off with a waterfall hike in Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Hike through an old-growth forest near Greenbrier to see the Smokies tallest waterfall, Ramsey Cascades.
- Spend the afternoon on an unforgettable excursion with Pink Jeep Tours to see the beauty and splendor of the Great Smoky Mountains up-close. Choose from one of several Smoky Mountain tours that range anywhere from 2 to 3 hours and offer stops near streams and lookouts for some great photo opportunities.
- Enjoy dinner and a show that will keep you on the edge of your seats at the Great Smoky Mountain Murder Mystery Dinner Show. Each show features side-splitting comedy performances and a five-course meal.
Ways to Just Relax and Unwind
- Go on a guided tour of the Old Mill, then watch a pottery demonstration at Pigeon River Pottery or sample a little moonshine at the Old Forge Distillery.
- Tour the Titanic Museum Attraction in Pigeon Forge. You’ll be able to touch a real iceberg, walk the Grand Staircase, try to stand on the sloping decks and learn what it was like on the RMS Titanic by experiencing it first-hand on a self-guided tour.
- Enjoy a romantic dinner for two at Gaucho Urbano Brazilian Steakhouse. Sample items from our Harvest and Chef’s Table or choose from 12 cuts of meats cooked on the grill and served at your tableside by Gaucho Chefs.
Touristy Things to Do Together
- Plan a visit to Dollywood. From award-winning shows and entertainment to thrill rides and great food, this theme park truly has something for everyone. Dollywood is also host to five of the South’s largest festivals. From Barbecue and Bluegrass in the spring to the magical Smoky Mountain Christmas in the winter, each season offers new delights.
- Spend some time walking around and exploring all the specialty shops and eateries at The Island in Pigeon Forge. Stop for a drink at Dude’s Daquiris or get your pictures taken with an exotic bird at the Parrot Mountain store. Then get some of the best views of the city from atop the Great Smoky Mountain Wheel or watch the Island Show Fountains dance their perfectly choreographed steps to music.
- Enjoy dinner and a show like no other at Dolly Parton’s Stampede. Watch as 32 magnificent horses and a cast of top-notch riders thrill you with daring feats of trick riding and friendly competition.
Celebrate When the Time is Right
When the time is right, we’ll be here to welcome you and join in the celebration of your new life together. Please note that several activities listed in this post will likely have limitations as we open the city back up to friends and family, both new and old.
We know that Pigeon Forge is truly the perfect spot for a honeymoon in the mountains and the memories that you make here together will last a lifetime. But if you still need a little more convincing, here’s what a few fans had to say about their recent honeymoons in Pigeon Forge.
“We came here for our honeymoon just a few weeks ago! We stayed in a cabin, ordered delicious take out, and had a fun photo shoot around town.”
“I chose Pigeon Forge for our wedding because it holds a very special place in my heart. My aunt and uncle had their honeymoon there long before I was born and fell in love with it. When I was a teenager I got to go with them for the first time and a native Floridian, the mountains, flora, and fauna of the Smokies were foreign to me and breathtakingly beautiful.”
You May Also Like