Enjoy an all-new Dollywood Christmas tradition
November 6, 2021- January 2, 2022
It has earned one of the industry’s highest awards—the Golden Ticket—for twelve years, and once guests enter the gates, they understand why Dollywood’s Smoky Mountain Christmas presented by Humana is the perfect place to get in the Christmas spirit. Guests also can enjoy Dollywood’s signature rides and attractions that operate in this merry environment. From the award-winning shows and elaborate holiday decorations to the twinkling lights and Christmas-themed menus, Dollywood captures the essence of Christmas.
Wander through more than five million holiday lights shining bright throughout the Dollywood park, delight in the spectacular holiday performances, soak up the warm Christmas atmosphere, and it’s easy to see why Dollywood’s Smoky Mountain Christmas is such a beloved holiday tradition.
Enjoy award-winning holiday shows and entertainment
Celebrate the holiday season with award-winning entertainment throughout the holiday season.
- Christmas in the Smokies, a heartwarming tradition enjoyed by families for years, returns indoors to centerstage at the Celebrity Theater.
- Heart of the Holidays is a new show featuring several members of Dolly’s family and a mix of some of her holiday favorites alongside songs from her new Christmas album, A Holly Dolly Christmas.
- Heart of the Holidays takes place in the DreamSong Theater.
- Christmas with the Kingdom Heirs, another returning guest favorite, can be found at the Pines Theater.
Heartfelt entertainment abounds during the festival. Watch performances including O’ Holy Night, Appalachian Christmas with the Smoky Mountain String Band, Holiday Wild Roots and The Mistletones. A new choral group, the Candlelight Carolers, will be performing on the steps of the Robert F. Thomas Chapel. Bring your family to Dollywood and experience these cherished holiday traditions this Christmas.
Stroll through Glacier Ridge for a winter wonderland experience
Glacier Ridge, presented by Goo Goo Cluster, turns Dollywood’s Timber Canyon, Wildwood Grove, Wilderness Pass and Upper Craftsman’s Valley into a winter wonderland experience that is sure to inspire and delight guests.
One of the highlights of Glacier Ridge is the Wonderful Christmas! tree show at Wilderness Pass Plaza, which features a 50-foot tall, animated tree that sparkles to life to present a fully-synchronized, dazzling light show throughout the evening. Inside Wildwood Grove, the Wildwood Tree tells inspirational Christmas stories each evening as guests explore this captivating area.
See whether your name is on Santa’s naughty or nice list
For those wondering what Santa is up to this year, you are in for a treat! When Santa isn’t hard at work at the North Pole, he enjoys visiting East Tennessee and his favorite Smoky Mountain songstress, Dolly! And this year, Dollywood will shine a little light on Old Saint Nick’s home away from home.
Guests will be able to get a peek inside Santa’s cabin in the Smokies as he reviews…the list! Kids of all ages will be able to discover whether their name is on the naughty or nice list, and have their photo taken as they peer through the window. Don’t miss this once-in-a-lifetime chance to catch Santa at work.
Sample a Christmas menu filled with culinary surprises
Looking for the perfect family meal to celebrate the holidays? Dollywood has that too! Dollywood’s team of chefs have a menu full of culinary surprises sure to delight.
- At Front Porch Café, diners can enjoy beef tenderloin medallions with a cabernet demi reduction, seared trout with sweet Cajun glaze, or a glazed ham steak with pineapple chutney.
- New this year, the Blue Ribbon Buffet is an unparalleled all-you-can-eat menu with buffet service, featuring roasted pork loin, herb garlic roasted chicken, carved prime rib and spiral ham, served alongside roasted sweet potato wedges, herb potato puree, baked macaroni and cheese, and more.
- For those with an appetite on the go, Market Square offers a variety of options to tempt the taste buds thanks to a number of hearty sandwiches and soups. Guests can choose from a three-cheese panini, a shaved ribeye panini, or a panini with heirloom tomato and fresh mozzarella, which can be paired with tomato bisque, beef barley soup or the soup of the day. Specialty treats include s’mores bread pudding and hot chocolate.
- Spotlight Bakery feels like Christmas at grandma’s with so many rich, sweet baked goods. Guests can choose their favorites from a variety of beautifully-decorated holiday cookies, gingerbreads and cupcakes or warm up with a cup of hot chocolate. Families also can take some of the holiday fun home with a gingerbread house or family-size cookie kit, both complete with icing and decorations!
Race through the night sky on world-class rides
As always, guests can experience Dollywood’s world-class rides amidst the hustle and bustle of the park during the holidays, as most rides are operational during the Christmas season. Nothing compares to racing quickly through the night sky with millions of lights twinkling below.
From the award-winning shows and elaborate holiday decorations to the twinkling lights and Christmas-themed menus, Dollywood’s Smoky Mountain Christmas offers the perfect setting to create family memories that will last a lifetime.
Dollywood season passes make the perfect gifts
For anyone searching for the perfect gift of unlimited family fun and memories, a Dollywood season pass is the solution! A season pass purchased during Dollywood’s Smoky Mountain Christmas provides unlimited admission to this year’s Christmas festival along with unlimited admission for Dollywood’s entire 2021 season.
Guests should purchase their 2021 season pass online now or upgrade their paid one-day admission ticket on the day of their visit. Ticket purchasers receive credit for the value of a regular one-day ticket toward the purchase of a 2021 season pass.