Top 10 Group Activities in Pigeon Forge
We recently made a long, but entertaining road trip to Pigeon Forge with 4 youth softball teams from Texas for a little work, a little play, and a whole lot of memories. Our teams played in the SEAA World Series softball tournament that was held at Wear Farm City Park on July 20-27. Rainy weather played a little havoc on our softball play throughout the week but definitely not on our fun time!! Our families spread out across the town to have fun and made lots of great memories together.
The top ten group activities from our week were:
- Dollywood – There is definitely plenty to do here and plenty of space for a group to spread out for a days’ worth of fun. The thrill seekers enjoyed multiple rides on each of the roller coasters while others enjoyed partaking in the plethora of food items available and watching the award winning shows. Many took advantage of the “After 3 pm Next Day Free” deal that the park offers. The extended summer hours and end of day fireworks were both added bonuses too.
- Dollywood’s Splash Country – Those wanting to beat the heat on the days of no rain headed over here for a little water fun. This place is also great for groups…there are so many ways to enjoy the water. Pools, slides, playgrounds, and a lazy river kept families entertained for the day.
- Old Time Photos – This was a special treat that one of the teams wanted to do. They enjoyed dressing up and posing for a group picture in an old time saloon scene. We had our photo taken with the great folks over at Three Bears General Store, but there are also several other old time photo studios in town. The best part was that each girl got to walk away with their own picture that day!!
- Smoky Mountain Alpine Coaster – This was a huge hit amongst all of our teams and families!! How many times in your life do you get to ride a roller coaster down the side of a mountain? It was fun to see all the smiles on the girls’ faces as they raced down the hill. Many of the girls went back multiple days for another ride.
- The Island – There is never a dull moment here….from bungy jumping in the Thunderdome, to winding through the maze at Island Mirror Maze, or having a little gaming fun at the new 7D Dark Ride Adventure. For those that just wanted to relax, taking in the views of the area from a ride on the Great Smoky Mountain Wheel and hanging out in the rocking chairs listening to live music and the sounds and show of the Island Fountains hit the spot.
- Hatfield and McCoy Dinner Show – You can’t beat sharing laughter and good Southern food with great friends!! This show was a good time for both the young and old.
- The Track and Kids Country – This was a great place for families with kids of different ages and interests. Since there is an area just for the small youngsters, the younger siblings got to feel like big kids and ride things on their own while their older sisters and brothers were off riding go karts and flying through the sky on the SkyFlyer.
- WonderWorks – This place is a great place to be a kid again. The mystery of whether the inside of the house was upside down or not made for some fun conversations while we were waiting in line to get our tickets. Adults and kids alike enjoyed the interactive activities and many took in the Wonders of Magic show.
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park – This vast park covered the interests of all. With trails for all skills and various distances, families got to enjoy the beauty of the scenery and the grandness of the park at their own pace. I know many drove up to Cade’s Cove while others made the hike up to Cataract Falls. It is a smaller waterfall but perfect for those with restless kids because the hike is easy and short.
- Hollywood Wax Museum – This was a great indoor activity on one of the rainy days. All the kids enjoyed posing and taking selfies with the wax figures. It was fun to see the photos they shared with their friends back home through social media.
With such a wide array of activities in Pigeon Forge, any group is sure to have a great time just like our families did!!