6 Ways to Save on Your Pigeon Forge Summer Vacation
The memories and fun that traveling with your family brings are priceless; however, the vacation itself can often times be quite costly. Summertime is a great time to travel as the kids are out of school and the weather is nice making travel and outdoor activities easier. Pigeon Forge always keeps the best interest of its guest in mind and strives to be an affordable family-friendly destination. Here are 6 ways to save on your Pigeon Forge summer vacation.
1. Order a copy of the Pigeon Forge Travel Guide. In it, you will find discounts and coupons, a calendar of special events, and a full listing of lodging, entertainment, and food options in the area to help make your travel planning a little easier.
2. Check out the Savings and Packages tab on the My Pigeon Forge This is a great spot to find printable discounts to use during your stay along with vacation package options. Package options will often combine special pricing on lodging with attraction tickets or lodging discounts like “Stay 6 Nights, Get One Night Free.” Every dollar of savings helps!
3. Look for combo discounts at area shows and attractions. For example, if you are planning to see the Hatfield and McCoy Dinner Feud show, you can add on discounted tickets to Smoky Mountain Opry, Magic Beyond Belief, and The Comedy Barn with the purchase of your ticket. Attractions like Wonderworks, Magiquest, and Hollywood Wax Museum all offer great combo deals so that you can experience all of their activities at a cheaper price.
4. If you plan to visit Pigeon Forge more than once a year, consider getting a season pass to Dollywood or Dollywood’s Splash Country. Dollywood is a must do attraction on every visit to Pigeon Forge with its award-winning rides and entertainment. Often times only 2 visits will cover the price of a season pass and then you can have unlimited visits for the year. They also offer discounted prices for 2 or 3-day tickets. Your family will thank you for this one!
5. Use the Fun Time Trolley while you are in town. Not only will you save on gas but also you will get to relax more and not have the worries of traffic or find a parking spot. The trolley is especially helpful for a visit to Dollywood….catch the trolley at Patriot Park and get dropped off at the front gate entrance once you arrive at Dollywood. All for the low price of 50 cents per person!!
6. Scatter in free attractions throughout your stay. A visit to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park is free and you cannot put a price tag on the amazing experience you will have! From the views to the hikes to the wildlife to the roadside streams, your visit will be one to remember. Also, a walk down the Riverside Trail is completely free….watch the ducks swim along or just sit back and enjoy a nice chat and laughs with your loved ones. Your time together will be worth it all!
Get ready for a good time this summer in Pigeon Forge and let the savings add up with these great tips!