Spring Break will be here before we know it and getting away with the family for some downtime is a must! Pigeon Forge is the perfect destination for your Spring Break plans. Since it is within a day’s drive of over 1/3 of the U.S., it is closer than you think. You will still have plenty of days left for enjoying the “break” with your family and plenty of activities to fill up those days!
Here are 5 reasons you should visit Pigeon Forge this Spring Break:
- Family Friendly– Family, is a big priority in Pigeon Forge. Every show, attraction, and even restaurants make it a big deal to see to it that your whole family is taken care of! As you unwind with your family and forget about all of the daily routines back home, you will make lots of great memories together to share for years to come.
- Budget Friendly– There are many activities to do in the area that doesn’t cost anything…like enjoying the fountain show at The Island or taking a walk along the Little Pigeon River and feeding the ducks. Sometimes these low-key activities turn out to be the most fun! Also, you can order a copy of the 2017 Pigeon Forge Travel Guide or pick up some coupons at most of the area businesses to find discounted tickets or meals for the activities you want to do during your stay.
- Entertainment options galore– Pigeon Forge is known as “the Center of Fun in the Smokies” for a reason. There are plenty of indoor as well as outdoor activities and activities for the little ones to the thrill seekers, all just awaiting your family to arrive. The Parkway is buzzing with attractions like go-kart tracks, miniature golf, and mirror mazes. The Island has a ropes course and the Great Smoky Mountain Wheel, and then there is also Dollywood with all of its roller coasters, craftsmen, and shows.
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park– The Spring season brings out a different beauty in the park. Wildflowers begin to pop up as the temps begin to warm up and there are more hours of sunshine. It is the perfect time of year to do some hiking to take in the miles and miles of beautiful scenery!
- Special Events and Festivals– The Spring season brings many festivals and events to the area and will add to your fun during the “Break.” The Titanic will be celebrating the Irish the whole month of March. Pigeon Forge will host a Chuckwagon Cookoff on March 4 at the Clabough’s Campground. Winter Carnival of Magic will be at Country Tonite Theatre on March 9-11. Dollywood’s Festival of Nations begins March 18.
What are you waiting for? Time to get those plans finalized and prepare to enjoy these many reasons to spend Spring Break in Pigeon Forge!!
We love seeing Pigeon Forge through your lens. Make sure to connect with us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram. Don’t forget to tag your photos with #mypigeonforge for the chance to be featured on our website.